Welcome to Official "Darkness" Forum.

Welcome to Official "Darkness" Forum.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
-=Dark Master=-
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcapLatest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_voting_barLatest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap 
†dArk_r0okiE†
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcapLatest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_voting_barLatest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap 
†Dark Prince†
^DarkLord^
dark_kernel
Dark_MessengeR_kHai
darknet
traxexpulse12
xo Dark Scene xo
Darkness
Latest topics
» Himmatwala .pk. Song
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 am by golmana

» Hentai Games Pc 2013
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 pm by golmana

» FalloutNVUERK.part1.rar
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:05 am by golmana

» The dark forum must rise again!!
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 am by -=Dark Master=-

» gEntleNES!! :))
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm by †dArk_r0okiE†

» Personal/Educational Info here
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:53 am by Dark_Dragon

»  Get the best web design with the best web design software.
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:38 pm by RebeccaChirby

» BUHAYIN ULIT ANG DARKNESS
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:30 pm by Darkness

» HELP!!!!! for gamers only
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 pm by xo Dark Scene xo

Poll
Vote for the MQC band Logo (multi choice allowed)
Logo 1
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcap33%Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Logo 2
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcap0%Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Logo 3
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcap0%Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Logo 4
 0% [ 0 ]
Logo 5
 0% [ 0 ]
Logo 6
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcap17%Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Logo 7
 0% [ 0 ]
Logo 8
Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_lcap50%Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darknet
Novice

Dark Points : 5435

Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News Empty
PostSubject: Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News   Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 pm

The latest wireless networking specification is one step closer to becoming a standard after an industry group announced Friday the approval of the specification's most recent version.
Known as 802.11g, the specification increases the bandwidth of wireless networks from 11Mbps, under the 802.11b standard, to 54Mbps. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers said Friday that a consensus had been reached to establish the latest version of the 802.11g specification, version 6.1, as the standard to be used in the industry.

The specification must go through two more hoops before it becomes a standard, which should happen in June. The standard is expected to be published in July.

"The point was to give the industry a progress update on (802.11g) and to establish a schedule for when the standard would be finished," said Matt Shoemake, an IEEE representative. "There are still technical changes going on between draft versions."

By establishing a standard, companies that participate in creating it are basically given a set of rules for developing their products to ensure that products from many different companies will be able to interoperate with one another.

The market for 802.11b-based products has benefited from the process of establishing an industry standard, with the number of products tripling in 2002 from the year before. While shipments jumped, average selling prices dropped significantly. Many expect 802.11g-based products to become the premium product in the wireless networking market.

The group that helped to develop the 802.11g specification consists of well over 100 computer, networking and software companies, as well as those from consultant organizations and academic institutions.

There has been some concern in the wireless networking industry over the interoperability of currently available 802.11g-based products. The products are based on the draft versions of the 802.11g specification and some have claimed that the draft versions have interoperability problems with 802.11b-based products. The 802.11 specification is meant to be backward-compatible with the 802.11b standard.

Industry groups, such as the IEEE and the Wi-Fi Alliance, had declined to comment on any interoperability issues surrounding the 802.11g products in the past, but alluded to the concerns Friday.

"The IEEE P802.11g draft had technical changes made to it at the January 2003 session, and further changes are expected starting in March 2003 based on comments received from the sponsor organization of IEEE 802.11," Brian Mathews, IEEE 802.11 publicity chair, said in a statement. He added, "The only sure way to guarantee compliance and avoid potential interoperability problems is to wait for final ratification of 802.11g, which is highly likely in June 2003."

The 802.11g specification was updated to version 6.1 in January and the IEEE is expected to update the draft to version 7.0 in March.

Shoemake added that the changes between versions 5.0 and 6.1 of the 802.11g specification were significant enough that they were "noninteroperable."
Back to top Go down

Latest wireless networking standard-CNET News
Page 1 of 1